Helping You Plan Some Halloween Fun!
Popcorn Balls Recipe
Makes about 12
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 12 cups popped popcorn (3/4 cup unpopped kernels)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lay out 2 long pieces of waxed paper to be used as a drying area for the popcorn balls.
- Grease a large bowl with the 2 teaspoons corn oil. Pour in the popped corn and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for several minutes and then carefully pour the syrup over the popcorn and toss with a large spoon.
- Let the mixture cool just a bit, and then grease your hands with a little butter and start forming the popcorn into 3-inch balls. Let them cool completely on the waxed paper. Wrap each cooled popcorn ball in plastic wrap and store in a cool, dry place. Eat within 6 days.